This video tutorial series helps XFdtd users to create and analyze a broadband antenna. The series will guide you through XF's antenna design process, with each video highlighting key steps and features.
- Create a bow tie antenna geometry by using the polygon tool to define the sheet body.
- Assign a PEC material to the bow tie in order to to define the antenna's electromagnetic properties.
- Add a voltage source with 300 ohm resistor to represent the antenna's connection to a generator.
- Verify the grid and enable XACT mesh.
- Use a far zone sensor to save the 3-D radiation pattern during simulation.
- Run the simulation with the specified frequencies of interest at 6.7 and 20 GHz.
- View the simulation's S-parameter, far zone gain, and impedance results.